To be notified when this product is back in stock please click here.
- Specially designed hollow point expands reliably
- Expanded diameter and weight retention produce the desired penetration for personal defense situations without over-penetrating
- Bullet nose profile, nickel-plated case and Federalís unique primer provide the ultimate in function and reliability
- Optimized for less felt recoil, more reliable cycling and better control with subcompact pistols
Federal Premium Personal Defense HST Ammunition has been specially designed to deliver consistent, tremendous expansion, optimum penetration and superior terminal performance. The specially designed hollow point will not plug while passing through a variety of barriers and the jacket and core hold together providing nearly 100% weight retention! This ammunition was engineered to meet or exceed† ammunition testing protocols; these protocols put bullets through 10% ordinance gelatin, steel, wallboard, plywood, laminated automobile safety glass and gelatin covered in heavy clothing and measure how well the bullets penetrate, expand and hold together.
Extensive testing has shown that the on average the 9mm Luger load will deliver 13.63" of penetration, 0.63" of expansion, 90% weight retention through all FBI barriers when shot through a Glock 17 at 10 feet.
One of the great things about this ammunition are high quality features that make this ammunition perfect choice for self-defense ammunition. Each round of ammunition is loaded into a Federal Premium nickel plated brass case with waterproofing on the case mouth and primer. Every load has a consistent powder charge and reliable primer for consistent ignition. Every HST bullet features a tapered jacket profile for reliable feeding, a cannelure that locks the copper jacket to the lead core, patented co-aligned internal and external skiving and a deep tapered hollow point that will not clog.
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Bullet Weight: 150 Grains
- Bullet Style: HST Jacketed Hollow Point
- Case Type: Nickel Plated Brass
- Muzzle Velocity: 900 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 270 ft lb
- Ballistic Coefficient: 0.200
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 17 February, 2017.